Tuesday, June 8, 2010

6/8/10- Psalm 139:1-12 Wings of the morning Travelling Day

Day 1- (6/8) Traveling (Psalm 139:1-12)
1 You have searched me, LORD, and you know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. 5 You hem me in behind and before, and you lay your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. 7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? 8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. 9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, 10 even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast. 11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me," 12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.

(Wings of the morning statue- Brookgreen Gardens, SC by Marshall Fredericks);



This Psalm is one of my favorite Psalms to travel by and especially to fly by. God knows us wherever we are and whatever we do. He sees when we sit down and get up, he understands when we go outside and when we sleep or rest. There is nowhere we can go that will be away from His knowledge- and nowhere we can go that will be away from His Spirit. That includes Israel. It includes the skies. If I go up the heavens you are there (vs. 8). God sees through darkness. Perhaps you thought as a child that such knowledge is impossible. Now we see into the womb through ultrasound. We see millions of stars we couldn’t see with the naked eye. We can see someone across the world on satellite TV or by skype on our computer. We can track planes through radar all over the globe. If we can do it so rustically, cannot the Maker of all things do it purely? He understands your thoughts and your anxieties. But we can rest assured we are in His hands.

Prayer: Thank you, Lord that you know what we are doing, you are in fact, here with us in the airports and on the plane. But more than that, we can trust in you because you care about us. Thank you for giving us this opportunity to see another part of the world you see every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment