Thursday, June 10, 2010

6/11/10- 2nd day in Galilee

Mark 1:36- Very Early in the morning while it was still dark, Jesus went to a solitary place where he prayed.
O Lord in the morning will I direct my prayer unto you and I will look up. Psalm 5:3

Saw a beautiful sunrise on Galilee- see my facebook (John Benson Sloan).



Yesterday we saw a lot of great sites- historical- but very moving, very spiritual. I liked them for different reasons. For example- in Capernaum you can see that Peter's mother-in-law's house mentioned in Luke 4 (preserved by early graffiti and church structure) is only a block from the synagogue. So when Luke 4:38 says that Jesus left the synagogue and went to Peter's house- now you see it was a short walk.
Loved "Peter's Primacy"- a misnomer- it should be called "Where Peter was restored". Jn. 21. It is a rustic place. And here it is important to remember that we love the Lord, and ministers are called to "feed" his sheep.
Yesterday, about 80% of our group went into the Jordan to remember our baptism. One guy came up to me (from another group) and asked to be baptized for the first time!

Looking forward to a great day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment