Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6/16/10 Remember

14 When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15 And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16 For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."
17 After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18 For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."
19 And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."
20 In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you. 21 But the hand of him who is going to betray me is with mine on the table. 22 The Son of Man will go as it has been decreed. But woe to that man who betrays him!"

Today we will be celebrating the Lord's Supper in the Garden Tomb in Jerusalem. Jesus said "Do this in remembrance of me." We will be remembering this trip for a long time. We need to remember where God has led us and what God has done in our lives. It is good to reflect on His providence.
Leave tonight- arrive in Charlotte about 10:30 am.
Yesterday Kay and Linda got their new (temporary) passports- so they can come home with us. Kay, Linda, Mark, and I went to the Bible Lands museum and Bethany (where Jesus was annointed, where Mary and Martha lived, and where Laxarus was raised from the dead- saw his tomb).

Prayer: Lord, today help me to remember you.

No comments:

Post a Comment